Monday, February 22, 2010

TMI? Probably. And also daydreams.

This morning's weight: 291.4

I went nutso this weekend playing with layouts for this blog. I really wanted a tabbed top for the pages, but I guess blogger hasn't caught up with WordPress yet.  Now I just have to begin the slow process of transferring my recipes to this blog.

Last week I only lost 1.6 lbs.  I know that might seem plenty, but now I am used to losing 4+ lbs a week and I am not mentally prepared for the losses to start slowing down already!  I know it is going to slow down eventually, but the sloughing off sure is an awesome feeling; especially because I am working so hard and being so good with staying within my calorie allotment, no sugar, no processed white flour goods, and TONS of veggies and nutrient dense foods.

Of course, the lovely news is that I got on the scale this morning to a 2ish pound loss :D.  Is this because of TOM ending?  Is it because I was stuck in the bathroom last night at 2am for 35 minutes getting rid of what appeared to be the entire contents of the weekends veggie fest?  Who knows!  I hope it is a "whoosh week" as fellow blogger and 3fc'er Gracie789 calls them.  (Side note, love her blog! I think that she and I could be friends irl if we knew each other.  So many similarities, of course, the one glaring difference [religion] might put a halt on it, but maybe not!  If you want to read some really inspirational posts and amazing transformation in progress check her out.)

Something I have been thinking about, one of my major motivations at this time really, is the fact that none of my family live anywhere near me.  I have not seen any of them since November.  I am going to go down for a visit in April, and another in September.  I keep wondering how much weight I will have lost by the time I see them and if it will even be noticeable. 

If I am losing at the same rate I have been, by the time I visit in April, I will be down around 260 (translates into about a 70 pound loss in 4 months, I don't think this is a reasonable expectation).  If I lose just 10 lbs per month (which is quite reasonable) between now and then, I would be down around 270, a 60 lb loss since last I saw them.  I think it will be noticeable, at least somewhat.  And come September, if I lose 10 a month, it is foreseeable that I could be down to 230-220.  How cool would that be.  They would definitely notice then!

I do a lot of daydreaming about the future, and how I am going to look and feel.  This weekend, I noticed that I wasn't as stoked on getting healthy and I started thinking about what was bumming me out and I realized I hadn't been daydreaming and doing my "what ifs" that I tend to do when I am falling asleep or doing mind-numbingly boring house chores. I think the stall-out on my weight really effected my frame of mind.  I need to work on getting over that.

No comments:

Post a Comment