Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Reposting Positivity

This morning's weight: 291.4

I posted this on 3FC and am being lazy and don't want to reword it, but I think it speaks a lot to my current state of mind.  I posted it in the weekly "1 positive thing about me" thread.

----

My positive for today is that I actually can feel and see differences in my body - they kind of hit me like a ton of bricks (or at least, 41 lbs of bricks) last night and this morning: 1) I fit into a pair of pants that have been sitting in my closet for THREE YEARS that were too tight for me to wear (they are loose) 2) my wedding ring is slips right off my finger (used to be a struggle) 3) I can actually feel my knuckle bones when I put on lotion today and was sliding my fingers against themselves 4) a co-worker of mine just stared at me when I walked by and she said "wow - weight is just melting off of you" (she is the first one to say anything) 5) when I put on my tank-top this morning (which I have in 6 colors that I wear under everything) I noticed it's too loose -but I promised myself no major shopping until I reach goal so I will just have to make due. Maybe I should have saved these up for 5 different days so I could have something to reflect on all week

I had a mixed blessings positive/somewhat negative yesterday. It was my first time going out to eat since changing to healthy food. We went to a vegetarian restaurant (I may have influenced the choice more then a smidge HA) and I ordered a salad, dressing on the side, and bbq veggie kabob with cherry-almond quinoa. It looked great, it smelled great. but as soon as I started eating I realized the extraordinary amount of oil and butter that was used. Needless to say I ate very little as my calorie counting OCD kicked in, but worse, I started feeling like I was going to hurl. I had to take tums. I think that I ate maybe 1/4 c. of the quinoa and less than 1/2 c. worth of the veggies. SO now I am worrying about my trip to see my family in April - all we do is eat out for 3 days for 3 meals a day. So yeah, mixed blessings on eating TOO healthy, but I am really enjoying the cooking, and how great my skin is looking, and how I am losing weight and still eating loads of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment