Wednesday, June 14, 2017

223.8

Eesh it's been 2 weeks since I blogged? Whoopsadoodles! I have been keeping up with daily check-ins at 3FC and in the last week a reddit forum for BLE users. So far it is just me and one person, but every little bit of accountability is great for me.

I have been SO HUNGRY the last 4-5 days. I am trying very hard to stay on track and not overeat. It is related to TOM, but dang it is so hard to control even though I know with my brain what is going on, my body is being a huge jerk. I couldn't help myself at the grocery in the end and bought 2 plums and a bag of cherries that were not on my pre-planned list last weekend. I managed to not go crazy and eat all the cherries, but I am disappointed that I couldn't mind-over-matter my burning desire to buy them when they weren't on my meal plans. This was also the first time in 7 weeks where I ate outside of designated mealtimes, which is a line I am trying not to cross in my quest to beat food addiction.

For whatever reason, I have had a LOT of energy the past few days. I am at my office 10.5 hours a day, and I have an hour commute each way on top of that. I am usually completely zonked out by the time I get home in the evenings. Normally, I just plop my butt down and play video games for a couple hours until bed time. But, Monday night I got home and ended up doing some serious gardening for about an hour and a half (and I hurt my hip doing it, but that's a whole 'nother thing). And then last night on my drive home I was pretty much dancing in my seat listening to music, and when I finally got home I immediately got my puppers ready for a walk and headed to the beach and ended up walking up the cliffs a bit too; I ended up being out and about for over an hour! So weird, but I am not complaining. I love it and I hope that it continues every day!!

Scale wise, with TOM coming a week early and plaguing me for what I expect will be the full two weeks, I have been ignoring the scale as it crept up up up. But this morning when I weighed I had dropped everything that I was holding onto, plus some, so my official total loss for the week is 2.2 pounds.

I did just watch a fabulous blog from Susan Pierce Thompson on building flexibility into rules which I think I am going to start employing. For example, that hard rule that I do not eat between meals that I have broken twice in the last week, I was very disappointed with myself even though it was just 5 cherries on one day, and two plums on the other. I think my new rule will be: I will will only eat at meals times 95% of the time. That way, if I eat a tad away from meal time, I haven't broken my rule and I can still be in my all-or-nothing mindset without falling off the wagon.

I am going to try to employ a few more of the BLE lifestyle suggestions.  I have had little inklings of just giving up and eating what I want in the last week (period related?  Maybe, but I don't like it!). I have followed the brightlines very closely, and the meal plan is really my own makings but it does follow the principles laid out in the book.  I am going to do the nightly journaling (3 things to be thankful for, 5 year journal, and nightly checklist).  I did buy some books of positive thinking for my morning routine, and I might do some meditation, but that might be a little cheesy for me yet.  I am def not going to start making my bed every day like her suggestion, at least not quite yet.  SO that is my next set of goals: make the evening journaling and the morning positivity part of my life.

Oh and my husband stopped me mid-stretch today to ask me how much weight I've lost because he can see it.  30 pounds mofo!

No comments:

Post a Comment