Wednesday, June 21, 2017

222.2


Well The Never Ending Period is still beleaguering me. As I suspected, just because it came a week early in no way indicated it would go away a week early, so here I am retaining water and hard-core jonesing for salt like a mad woman. I have been having bouillon instead of my hot tea, and pickles as part of my meal for the last 3 days. I don't even want to tell you what the scale is doing this week! But I will.  It's is 100% water-weight and I even feel puffy, especially in my fingers. I'm looking forward to next week when I will finally be able to see the work I put in this week pay off, because I sure as heck am not seeing it now.  Check this stupidness out:

06/14: 223.8
06/15: 222.5 (-1.3)
06/16: 223.5 (+1.0)
06/17: 222.9 (-0.6)
06/18:  (something around 227, I didn't bother to record it)
06/19: 227.4 (+4.5)
06/20: 222.1 (-5.3)
06/21: 222.2 (+0.1)

In the end, I am down 1.6 for the week which is just shy of my 2 lb goal.  I am really hoping that  next week will show a much bigger drop once I stop being so freaking hormone-y.

The period-munchies did a number to me this weekend too. I had guests over for a small dinner party and I made fixin's for DIY vegan tacos and nachos. I managed to stay strong and not have any tortillas and made myself a taco-salad instead (OK I had 1 broken chip for the taste.  It was good, but not good enough for me to ruin things by having more than that taste). But, I did not weigh and measure so I know I overate. I also munched on cherries and strawberries while we watched a movie (set up the outdoor projector and watched a movie under the stars. It was awesome!) and I know I WAY overate those.

I did have a talk with myself beforehand and decided that I would be a little looser that night with the understanding that the next day it was back on track no ifs, ands, or buts. I did not want this dinner to turn into a defeatist binge if it turned out I felt uncomfortable weighing my food in front of people. I forgive myself this small transgression, and I will move forward successfully for the rest of the week.

Last night I was either super-hungry, or I had acid-belly that felt like hunger.  I am not sure which it was but I ended up drinking 2 glasses of almond milk and then I had 2 mugs of bouillon.  It helped, but it also may be the cause of why I went up 0.1 lbs overnight instead of seeing a loss on the scale. I really need to stay strong - at least on Tuesday nights when I know I am doing my weekly weigh-in the next morning.

I am trying to incorporate some more of the the BLE strategies for successful weight-loss, namely, the parts that aren't food related but more spirit related.  I picked up a journal for my daily thoughts, a 5-year journal and a couple of meditation books.  These are activities that you are supposed to do in the AM and PM so to get into a routine of self-care.  So far I managed one of the PM activities, and then played catch-up for two nights in a row.  I really need to figure out how to make the habit stick as I really believe Susan has it figured out!

No comments:

Post a Comment