Wednesday, May 3, 2017

236.9 - BLE

Last weekend (April 22-23) while looking for recipes for my meal prepping, I stumbled on a recipe that I was keen on, and then stayed on the bloggers site to read what her diet plan looked like.  I had 'decided' to really go back and try to re-lose this weight back in February, and I was coming up on my typical 2-months-time-to-give-up expiration date that happens every damn time I have tried dieting since 2012.  In fact, I was already slipping back into bad eating habits.

This blog is where I was first introduced to Bright Line Eating.

The more I dug into it and tried to figure out what it was about, the more excited I got.  This mindset was precisely what I had done back in 2010 when I lost 180 pounds.  Only, back in 2010, I was on my own, had no idea why it was working, and was just winging it based on my best guess (and did stupid stuff like cutting out fat entirely which made me lose my hair...)

The entirety of that weekend I spent watching every video I could find, read every review, and posted on 3FC looking for BLE partners.  This is where I figured out that this was a new thing.  I bought the book and was anxiously awaiting Amazon to deliver before I realized it literally had been released in that same week - it was just a coincidence that I had stumbled on it.

The author/scientist behind BLE offers a (much too pricey for me) 8-week boot-camp to launch people into this way of thinking about food and the right way to eat to conquer food addiction. So I decided to wait on the book, and continue watching videos to try to do this.

That week (last week) I was on my plan perfectly as I am each week.  It is always the weekends the fuck me up.  But with the help of the videos (still was waiting for the book at that time) I had my first perfect eating weekend following the BLE guidelines as I knew them. I was so proud of myself!

Monday of this week my book was delivered.  I have been spending my lunch hour laying out on the grass in the quad reading.  I cannot emphasize enough how valuable this book is to me.  Here was information - backed up with study after scientific study - about why what I did before worked, and why it was going to work for me again.  Only this time, I feel like it is going to be permanent.  And more importantly, it made me truly recognize that I am a food addict and is providing me the tools to kick the addiction.

I am an academic at heart.  I went to graduate school and work now at UCSF for a doctoral program.  I have always loved learning and place a high value on science, study, and intelligence.  This book has so much of the science behind food issues and conquering them that I feel like I found something that is speaking directly to me.

Today is the mid point of week 2.  I can't wait to see where I am come week 3, 4, 5, and onwards.

I highly encourage anyone with food issues to give it a look and let me know what you think - I'm still looking for my BLE community!

No comments:

Post a Comment