Monday, March 1, 2010

Just Another Fish in the Sea

This morning's weight: 290

As it turns out, I am 1) not alone in the blogosphere and 2) I am awash in a sea of like-minded people.  I made this blog for myself as motivation and to keep track of my journey while being publicly accountable to  my huge, invisible, non-existent audience.  Today, I found about a bazillion other bloggers that are doing the same thing in just about the same way.   And so I subscribed to a good handful - 'cos FSM knows I need more distractions and things to read while I am supposed to be working...

I have had a bit of a worry today. While perusing 3fc and reading some of the latest posts, I came across naysayers regarding low caloric intake, losing too fast, losing muscle mass, and crash-and-burn dieting.  I also did some follow-up reading online and everyone is par for the course with their information.  This is disturbing to me as I am sticking to about 1400 a day, and losing 3-4 lbs a week.  The thing is, I am not getting hungry, or feeling weak or anything.  I am also more than 2 months in to my personal program so the whole idea of a crash-and-burn at this point I feel is probably not going to happen.  Add that to how many stories and blogs I have read of women being successful doing pretty much exactly what I am doing.   I am being tugged in two directions because of this: worry that I am hurting myself in the long run vs. everything is going swimmingly, as expected.

Interesting body change of the day:  (another TMI moment) my butt bones are actually starting to be uncomfortable when I am on the loo.  I am still waaaaaay heavy, but I am losing fat (especially in my back, waist, and ass apparently) and this has led to more prominent bonage on my backside.  It is going to get worse, isn't it?  Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment