Monday, March 15, 2010

Change up

This morning's weight: 284.6

Even though I lost 3 lbs last week, I felt like I was stalling.  Probably not a healthy attitude, but it is what it is.  In fact, all week long, there was 0 change.  I only saw the change when I did my 11am pre-breakfast weigh-in on Sunday, my "official" time.

In any case, I decided that I am going to do one 1800 calorie day and one 1200 calorie day (probably Saturday and Sunday) just to keep my metabolism guessing.  Which means I get mega awesome oatmeal with double the almond/casher/coconut butter on that day.  Yes, I love it that much.  If I didn't have will of steel these days, I would have blown my diet on nut butters by now.

Speaking of will of steel, on Sunday morning, I made my hubby homemade buttermilk biscuits, and fresh sausage gravy in order to make him one of his old favorites from the dive/truck stop he worked at as a kid:  2 open faced biscuits, with 4 sausage patties, topped with scrambled eggs, and doused in sausage gravy.  I never tasted the biscuits but he tells me they turned out great.  In order to get the seasoning right on the gravy, I tasted 3 times; the first two I spit out in the sink as it wasn't right.  The third taste seemed like I had it right, but you really have to swallow to get the full tongue feel when tasting, so I swallowed that one and it was fantastic.

But that is all I had of the magnificent, terrible bad for you, feast I made.  One swallow that was probably less than 1/8 of a teaspoon.  And then I made myself some gooooood oatmeal with fresh blackberries, and banana, and almond butter.  To die for!

No comments:

Post a Comment