Friday, March 19, 2010

Cha Cha Cha Changes

This morning's weight: 282.8

12.8 ounces from losing 50 lbs in 11 weeks ... WHAT?!  Just makes me wish I had started this sooner.

It is ( I feel the signs and the date is right but no show yet) TOM week.  This is the only times I ever get cravings for my "old" foods.  I really really want a huge deli sandwich from Columbo's.  Alas, my Colombo days are over.  I might try to make myself a mini-uber veggie sandwich this weekend though.  I think I can pull it off and get the satisfaction without the bad food and calories.

The Great Water Experiment has turned out pretty darn good. I'm peeing loads.  I have seen weight loss every day instead of the scale going up and down.  I think my skin isn't as dry (tough call on that one since my seasonal itchies have started).

My mood is terrific. I am feelign great. I dunno, everything seems to be going my way.  I am just realizing that 6 months ago the paranoid part of me would think, "oh man, something bad is bound to happen any time now".  I think the Vitamin D regiment is working wonders on my brain chemistry. Or maybe it is the nutrition?  I don't know, but the negative, depressed, paranoid aspects of my brain haven't been in effect for some time now.  I don't know what to attribute it to, but I like it!  I hope it doesn't ever go away.  I like being happy all the time.  This is the way I used to be when I was in my late teens.  I remember Marsha saying to me "I wish I could bottle you up like sunshine! Bottled Brandee..."  Was one of the nicest compliments I have ever gotten.

As far as Non-Scale Victories -  so many to report!  Sadly, I think I get all my daily crowing out on 3fc, and this blog is suffering for it.  The record of my progress is really taking place over there instead of here on this blog.  I think I will try to make a more concentrated effort to write here.  I really want to have my whole journey down so I can look back on it, and give it to my family to read to see what I went through.

Here are some of the NSV's I've noticed lately:
  • I can feel my wrist bones without having to squeeze.
  • I was able to bend forward to clip my toenails without having to hold my breath due to the pressure of my stomach squeezing my diaphragm
  • My towels fit all the way around me now (they are extra large bath towels, but whatever!)
  • My pretty shiny flower shirt fits LOOSELY instead of too tight to wear oooh snap
  • I am currently wearing silk thermals that were too tight not long ago
  • My 22/24 jeans that I had to buy last month are starting to be too loose already
  • I notice a difference in my face when comparing the face shots I have been taking (that will be a gif someday)
  • My hair is looking smashing - shiny, silky, and more lively color to it
  • I have loads more energy.
  • This morning I was able to get my foot (briefly) on my knee to get my show on instead of having to use the edge of the couch.
  • I don't almost fall over when getting undies on.

Crazy good things happening to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment