Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm Still Going

When I started this whole gung-ho, let's get healthy business, it absolutely CONSUMED my every waking thought.  I needed this blog to have someone to talk to (you know what I mean).  I felt it was extremely important that I keep myself on track and thinking / dreaming about health and weighloss or I would fail miserable.

Here I am, exactly 7 months into the journey and 99 or so pounds down (I know I am retaining water right now as I have had a salt-tooth for the past week like you would not believe so I'm probably more like 102 down but that is not what the scale is telling me.  But I digress...).  I am a success.  A success with at least another year to go, but a success. I don't find myself obsessing over weight loss like I did in the beginning.  I can be much more lax about how I eat - which is not to say that I have diverged on my calories or how good I eat, what I mean is, it has become second nature.  I would no sooner over eat my calories as I would reach for a piece of cake.  I know how much I can take and how to prepare foods in such a way that at the end of the day, I am at about 1400 calories whether I count throughout the day or not.

The desire to "cheat" has never been present and still does not exist for me.  The closest I came was red velvet cupcakes mounded with cream cheese frosting that I almost gave into, but instead took a deep smell and had a piece of fruit. 

I am extremely proud of myself for my continued mindset.  On top of healthy eating becoming second nature to me, I am not as frustrated by seeing the very slow decline in weight.  I am averaging 2 pounds a week and a barely blinked an eye this week when I saw I was only down .2; I know my eating was spot on and next week will probably make up for the lack of a huge loss.

Now that I am not as obsessed witht he weight loss, I find myself getting into other things. I am back into gamign with the husband, and I am doing more with my art.  All in all good times.

This means I will probably be scantily updating this blog from here on out.  I am keeping the pages up to date (with weights and goals), and I will be posting progress pictures after this weekend's big reveal - going to see my family who have no idea that I have lost any weight, let alone 100 pounds.  Should be fun!  Chances are that will be blogged about as I predict its going to be an awesome NSV :)

No comments:

Post a Comment