Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another day, another NSV

Oh TOM, how I do despise you.  I had the crankies (bless the hubs for his unending patience), and I conquered the cramps (oh Advil, you are my friend), but there is just NOTHING to be done for the stupid water retention and weight gain that comes along with it.  Except ignore it!  So that's what I am doing.  I am not stepping on the stupid scale again this week. Sunday I will weigh myself as usual, but I'll be a monkey's uncle if I am going to pay any attention to the number. 

Unless it is down of course.  HA!!

Onto the good stuff.

When I started this journey, I was in a snug 26/28 jean - the largest size carried in-store at Lane Bryant (I actually didn't know that until recently).  On Saturday, I was antsy to accomplish something (TOM again.  Stupid jerk uterus /grumble) so I decided to go exchange the size 16/average jeans I bought 2 or so months ago (which were too tight at the time) in order to get a 16/petite since I didn't feel like hemming.  I didn't bother trying them on until I got home.  Guess what.  They FIT.  They fit with ROOM TO SPARE.  Not that I needed a belt or anything, but I could breath and I didn't feel like I painted on my pants for the day.  And size 16 is the smallest size they carry in-store.  In 7.5 months, I went from LB max size to LB minimum size. That is an awesome feeling.

I wore them to work on Monday and boy howdy did I get a lot of comments!  I have been pretty much in skirts almost exclusively lately and it hides the weight loss.  Wearing those jeans... I had to give the "this is what I am doing to lose weight" speech no less than THREE times.  First time was fun, after that it got a little repetitive.  Oh well.  The price I pay for being a success - she says while fanning herself and rolling her eyes.  (I kid :) )

I had an interesting reaction to this blog the other day.  For the most part, this is my "secret" blog that I keep very separate from the rest of my life.  I actually have 2 other blogs -  a cooking blog and a crafting blog.  I am fairly active in the crafting and gaming communities that I am a part of.  Plus, my whole family is pretty tech savvy.  Nobody knows about gift4myself though.  This is mainly because I am a pretty private person, and weight / health is such a personal matter to me.  Since I  have been a fatty my whole life and have been treated a certain way because of it, I  tend to hold things back out of fear of failure and straight up embarrassment - admitting I am fat in the first place always felt like admitting to failure.

I finally branched out a bit and gave this link to a friend, the first person I have done so with.   I did not expect to hear that this blog made her cry.  Her tears were for her own reasons, but, it's just shocking to hear that reaction.  I mean this blog to serve as motivation as other blogs have motivated me, and as a way for me to keep track of my own feelings and progress throughout the journey.  I told her I didn't know how to react.  I still don't know how to react and it's been days.  I guess I am glad on the one hand to have moved someone.  On the other, I made someone cry, and that doesn't make me feel good.  I guess I just need to think on it more

No comments:

Post a Comment