Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Big Weekend!


This is the dress I am wearing this weekend:















(Cross posted from a 3fc post) Why is this a big deal you ask?   I haven't seen my family since November. I started my healthy living journey in January and didn't tell any of them about it. So, tomorrow when I walk into my moms house, she is going to see me 101.2 pounds less fat than the last time she saw me. And she has no idea.

I have been dreaming about this moment since the beginning. It has been a huge motivator for me to keep going - to see just how long I could keep quiet before next seeing anyone (and, by the way, I am going to a family wedding on Sunday, so it's my ENTIRE immediate as well as extended family and family friends I am going to be seeing for the first time).

When I get back, I hope I have pics so I can post progress pics section. The only pictures I have of me as max weight were taken in November by my mom, and I haven't wanted to ask her for them so I wouldn't clue her in. Plus, I will have the wedding photos as my current pics so it will be a good comparison.

I am nervous, and excited. And, despite that I know that 100 pound loss is huge and I AM proud, part of me is doubting my choice of dress as I feel like people will look at me and think, "she has lost a lot of weight, but she can't pull THAT off" - its a sleeveless number but its so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment