Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Another Day

The cold spell has snapped.  I think.  That or I am learning my lesson about keeping my scarf on at all times and consuming copious amounts of hot tea.  It is also TOM and I have noticed I have not been as cold since the day that started.  Maybe that is responsbile for my warmth. Another day or two and I will be able to tell if that has anythign to do with it.

I was supposed to go get my blood tested today for lots of things including but not limited to: blood sugar levels, Vitamin D deficiency, thyroid hormones, cholesterol and who knows what else.  All I know is there were were no less than 15 check marks on the order form.  But, said order form is at home (I hope) so tomorrow will be another morning fast without my black tea to wake me up on my drive in.  Bad news, that.  And then on Friday is an MRI to look at my liver tumors (benign, and discovered over 4 years ago) which are probably related to estrogen.  I have been on progesterone only birth control since then so at the very least, I hope they haven't grown and I am hoping to see diminished size.  I also have non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.  With a 69 pound weight loss so far, I'm really hoping this is starting to fade as well.

So sex is getting better.  It was always awesome, but its really fun to be able to do stuff and reach stuff easily that previously needed fat-acrobatics to accomplish.  And while that is as far as I am going into details with this, I will add that health reasons aside, the sex is reason enough to drop some weight.  Also, I love my husband.  A lot.

I am starting to see changes in my face with my own eyes too.  I haven't really seen any body changes although my clothes and people tell me that there are big differences.  When I see them with my own eyes is when it "counts"  so seeing it has given me a super positive attitude the last few days. 

My attitude goes up and down.  Sometimes "only" losing 12 pounds a month makes me really sad and I have to talk myself out of being angry with myself.  "It took 36 years to get to 332, give yourself some time to get down to a reasonable level," says I to me.  I've only had that happen a couple of times really. I don't like it. 

I also really really wanted to be down 100 by the time we go to Boise on July 9, but there is no way that is going to happen.  I am 262 now,  I'll probably be 261 by Sunday (260 if I am lucky) and figuring 12 pounds in May and June, that's only down to 236 which leaves 9 days to lose 4 pounds and be able to claim the mighty 100. I know it is only numbers on a scale, but it is a fun goal to think about.  I won't be upset with myself if it doesn't happen since I am being 100% faithful to my change in eating habits. My body is dictating the pace, the rate (or lack thereof) of loss is not some misguided attempt of mine to pass off cheating as  "plateaus" like so many others do.

No comments:

Post a Comment