Friday, August 8, 2014

Oy Vay

This morning's weight: 203

Things have been rough.  It's been another year.  I am giving something else a shot.

My foot injury put me in a funk and I grew tired of measuring measuring measuring. My weight was up to 212 on 6/30/14 so I went full-hog calorie counting like mad (1000-1200 a day) and exercising 5x a week (C25k and lifting).  I lost 11 pounds in 4 weeks.  Then my brother came to town and I had quite a great time - but I ate all sorts of starches that I shouldn't have and this morning I am 203.

This week I have been obsessively learning all I could about the High Fat, Low Carb lifestyle.  I am fascinated by the research that is currently being done, and the light that is being shed on the old research.  If anyone reading this is interested, I highly suggest you watch the Fat Head documentary and if it grabs your attention the way it did mine, you will be looking up info left and right, too!

So, in the interest of SCIENCE  I am going to use my blog track  any progress I make and how I am feeling.

While I am already pretty much low carb, I don't think I have been keeping myself low enough to be in ketosis.  I think I have a leg-up on most newbie HFLCers because I gave up the sugar and bread years ago. I just have to watch my veggie intake to keep it low as can be, and no more fruit, which is hard.  But, fruit is just nature's candy and spikes blood sugar like mad, so I will have to keep that in mind.  I am also going to keep track of calories for a while.  Since I am watching carbs anyway (switched to MyFitnessPal since there is a great app for it) the calories are right there.  I am shooting for under 1600 a day, but I am not goign to be too hard on myself for the first few weeks while I adjust to actually eating fat.

Carb goals are def under 50, but I am going to shoot for net  20.  I really like my veggies though so that is making me edgy.

Guess we will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment