Monday, January 10, 2011

I was on track with exercise for 2011...

and immediately got derailed by a ridiculously bad cold!

I still feel pretty terrible, but at least at this point I can think cohesive thoughts and I don't feel like I am living in a fog or wading through jello (that is the best way I can describe the slooooow feeling this cold has given me).  As much as I loved spending time with my little nieces, perhaps letting the sickest one sleep in bed with me the first night while she hacked and coughed right in my face  for 6 hours wasn't the wisest of decisions.  But she is adorable, and I love her, so whatevs!

In any case, on Monday and Tuesday of last week, I took my 10  minute morning walks with the pups (5:30am UGH), and then my two 15-minute hilly walks during work breaks (and climbed 4 flights of stairs,  four times!).  Monday I did my Wiifit Yoga routine, and Tuesday I started my couch-to-5k (conservative) program.  And by Wednesday, I was knocked on my plentiful behind wheezing, runny nose, head ache, sore throat... the whole works.

Even though I am feeling better now (I will be doing my yoga tonight), I won't be getting back out in the cold weather to do my walk/run until my lungs stop feeling like they are trying to claw their way out of my chest.  I feel defeated and like I am letting myself down because I finally got myself pumped up to exercise, and I physically just CAN'T.  But, as the husband pointed out, just because I didn't start on  January 4 (my 1 year healthiversary) doesn't mean the rest of my year is screwed... I'm just off of my self-imposed schedule.

OK I pepped talked myself into feeling a little better about this.

For those curious, my exercise routine is as follows:
10 minute morning walk with the dogs
2x 15-minute walks during the day (during work breaks)
climb at least the 4 flights of stairs of my office building at least once a day
Tues, Thurs, Sat, work on couch to 5k (30 minutes of walk/run)
Wiifit Yoga for 30 minutes the other 4 days

If that routine doesn't do the trick of meeting my 2011 goal of  1 pound per week loss, then I am most likely going to be joining a gym to start weight training/toning.

No comments:

Post a Comment