Friday, June 4, 2010

PATHETIC!

Let me just start this by saying, "I know, I know BABYSTEPS" and "start easy, and pace yourself".  Yadda yadda yadda.  So I am not *really* down on myself here.  This is just some tongue-in-cheek ranting about my [complete lack of] fitness and oh so wonderful first day of my new especially-designed easy-mode exercise program.

So I made an exercise plan over the past 2 weeks while I had a cold and couldn't start it yet.  I think the plan was pretty solid.  Morning walk with the dogs daily like I do every day (20 minutes); then after work, another 20 minute walk, then stretching (I have a great sheet printed out with like 20 stretches that gets your whole body).  3 days a week, I would do free weight (5 pounds) and floor exercises; I had 20 exercises printed out and ready to go.  The other 3 days I would use my awesome new "Bellydancing 101" DVD and start having some fun!  7th day would be rest and/or longer walk day with the pups.  Sounds solid, right?

So today began day 1 of this new great plan, let me give you my one word review on the state of my fitness: PATHETIC and maybe also LAUGHABLE.

This is what I managed to accomplish: Both walks, that's easy.  Broke out into an frakkin' sweat just doing the stretches.  I was hoping to do 1 set of 10 reps on each of the 20 exercises. I got through 10 exercises people.  TEN.  I couldn't even do 10 reps on all of them!  I could only do 5 push ups, and a couple of the upper arm exercises just killed me.  If hubby wasn't helping me keep form, I would have failed miserably on the forearm exercises too.  My muscles were twitching.  I was giggling like a loon at the seeming futility of the whole thing.

And so, I am back trackign a baby step.

New plan: 2 walks a day. 3 days a week, upper body free weight exercises (all 10 of them, yep).  3 days a week lower body floor exercise (the other 10).  7th day Bellydancing maybe, prolly just settle for the longer walks for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment