Tuesday, September 10, 2013

IF Trial 1st weeks results

This morning's weight:189.4

I love this way of eating!  Love love love it!!!

This may sound counter-intuitive, but there is something freeing about being this restrictive.  When I leave from work in the afternoon, I don't have to think about food anymore for the whole evening.  It is such a pleasure coming from the last 3+ years of doing nothing but obsessing about food constantly.  And if I do start thinking about food (which as a food addict you know I do...) I get to shake myself and realize that I don't need to worry about it. 

I have been keeping to 1400-1600 cals during my feeding period (8am-4pm).  Since I pre-calculate my breakfsat and lunch calories on Sundays when I make my food for the week, all I need to add in are the snacks I have during the day.  I am a little loosey-goosey with the calories, but that hasn't seemed to matter in this first week as I have lost 2.6 pounds.  Is it all water weight?  Quite probably - but I don't care!  To see downwards movement on the scale is so amazing after 2 years of seeing it slowly creep up.

I took brief notes in my handwritten journal each morning this week to track how I was feeling.  Here is how it went:

Day 1  - was weird not to eat at night, but didn't actually get hungry.  I went for a run which usually suppresses my appetite anyway

Day 2 - skipped my morning coffee since I take it with almond milk and didn't want to break out of the fast before 8 am (I get up at 5).  I ended up feeling absolutely TERRIBLE from about 8am-10:30 am even though I ate and had coffee in that time frame.  I realized later this was caffeine withdrawal, NOT issues from fasting.  Gum and hot tea at night helped to curb food cravings - I wasn't hungry, it was more the habit of putting something in my mouth in the evenings

Day 3 - things are looking up.  I made a black iced coffee in the morning to see if I could drink it like that and YEP! I now have my morning coffee this way just to get it in me.  No problems with hunger or anything.

Days 4-7 more of the same

So the moral of the story is, I am really happy and feel like I will be able to keep this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment