Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The March check in post

I am a jogger.

.
.
.

I'm just letting that sink in for myself (seeing it in writing, that is) and for any of you readers.  How many posts in this blog talk about how good my eating has been, and then goes on to kick myself for not doing exercise?  I finally passed that hurdle.

Not only am I consistently jogging every other day, but I LIKE it.  I like it, and I LOOK FORWARD to it.  I feel like my brain has been transposed into someone else's head.  This is not something I would ever think would happen.  I hate exercise. I have always hated exercise.  Even in high school (graduated in 1992) in PE class I was the smart ass walking around the track when everyone else was running or sitting behind the hand ball courts while everyone else was playing volleyball.

I am going a very conservative Couch to 5k program.  When I started in mid-January, I was only able to jog for 30 seconds, then walk for 8 minutes (repeating that cycle 4 times).  I am up to 3 minutes of jogging to 5 minutes of walking now.  I am so impressed with myself.  When I get home and I have that hot, sweaty, euphoric feeling... I love it.  It is addicting!  It feels so good. Practically orgasmic.  I look forward to my running days on non-runnign days, and I look forward to getting out and getting my jog in on the day of.

Now, during the jog itself...  that is a whole different story.  When I am out there jogging, and its only been 2 minutes, and I have a whole minute left, you should hear the nasty horrible things I say to myself.  I call myself names for being such a wuss and being in so much pain.  I ask myself why the crap am I doing this to myself, to punish myself the way I am.  I try to convince myself that walking would give me the same caloric workout.  Oh the games we play.

Today is a jog day and I am jonesing to get home and get out there :)

I have been experimenting this month with food.  I dropped my morning oatmeal in favor of having an egg white omelette and then a yogurt midmorning.  I decided I was just not getting enough protein in my diet.  Now I feel like I am not getting enough whole grain since I am basically having none.  I have also been recording my daily weight which is something I haven't done at all.  It looks like I maintain/gain weight for the 2 weeks prior to my menses cycle starting, the slowly start losing as soon as it starts.  I will post results of the month long record on my next post so I can keep track of it.  It looks so discouraging being the same weight for 3 weeks now ... well, as of this morning I am the same weight I was 3 weeks ago.  I have been +2-4 pounds every morning in the interim.

My goal this year was to lose 4 pounds a month; I don't care if it is 1 pound a week or 4 pounds all at once.  This will keep me on track be in the 130s by the end of the year.  However, with this running.. I am getting muscles!  My sides are getting pretty solid under the layer of fat.  So, if my scale doesn't go down as planned, I am not even that concerned.  I can't keep my hands off this solid wall on my side ;)  My goal is really to get down to a size 8 by the end of the year, and if I can be a size 6 - that would be awesome (but that is my secondary goal, and may be too small for my frame-  time will tell).

I suppose that is all for now.  Nothing else much has changed since my last post.  We are still moving forward with house hunting.  I am still eating whole foods and getting 12-1400 calories a day (always closer to 1400 truth be told).

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment